Friday, June 27, 2008

KarlssonWilker






As part of my professional context module we were asked to produce a piece of work in relation to a professional practitioner(s). For a while now I have been a big fan of KarlssonWilker based in NY. Jan Wilker and Hjalti Karlsson are former students of Sagmeister, they set out together to form their own studio in 2000. There book 'Tellmewhy' chronicles their first 24 months as a design studio, its is a frank, humorous and compelling read and a departure from your usual design text, it marks the highest highs and the embarrassing lows. Their work is clean, innovative and sometimes a funny too.
I designed a poster that features individual mini biographies of Jan and Hjalti as well as KarlssonWilker, it documents a wide selection of their work with descriptions and annotations, it also states my reasons for choosing their design practice and my impression of their work. The poster folds from over 1m tall into a neat little rectangle, I've tried to adopt a light KarlssonWilker sense of humor with captions and instruction.
Check their work out here.

No comments: